UK Benefits

People in the UK miss UK Benefit and tax credit income worth more than £ 21 billion a year. It is a usual mistaken belief that UK Benefits are just for those who run out of work. Therefore, countless people are missing money they are entitled to.

The important point to bear in mind is that UK Benefit income is NOT simply for the jobless. In addition, someone who makes approximately £ 78,000/ year can be qualified. In addition, if your circumstances have not changed, many policies have.

As many as eight million households are missing 21 billion a year of means-tested UK Benefits, the most up to date Government figures show.

The extra UK Benefits you might be able to claim could make a big difference to your current financial position and the debt solutions we can offer you to resolve your debt problems.

How Can we Help You?

In order to check full UK benefit entitlements, we need following information.

How Can We Help You?

About Our Service

We help people determine what they can claim from national and local government via our calculations and integrated UK benefit system.

By using our benefits calculations, our clients can determine whether they are receiving the right amount of money in their benefit claims, whether they are eligible for different types of income benefits, as well as understand what their position will be as government welfare reforms take effect.

We believe that everyone living in the UK should be able to understand what their legitimate entitlements are and honestly claim that amount from government – social security is a key aspect of our society and a vital part of our modern community.

We will provide you a full report of any missing benefits claim or all benefit claims and how much you are entitled to claim.

We cover all means-tested benefits and our products are updated for new legislation, including Universal Credit.

Debt Management Help

What are UK Benefits?

UK Benefits and tax credits are payments from the UK government to certain people on low incomes, or to meet specific needs. We can help you if you:

Who administers UK Benefits?

Different organizations administer different Benefits. These include:

Department for Work and Pensions DWP, which operates through agencies such as Jobcentre Plus and The Pensions Service

County Court Judgement

What types of UK Benefits are there?

Benefits usually come under one of two types:


Income based Benefits or Means Tested Benefit

Your entitlement to means-tested Benefits depend on how much you have in income, savings and other capital. You can get these Benefits even if you have not paid enough national insurance contributions.

If you have over a certain amount (the amount the government estimates that you need to live on), your means-tested Benefits are less or not paid at all.

The amount of means-tested Benefits you get can be different for each person. Please Call us to check your income based tax credits and Benefit entitlements.

Non-means-tested UK Benefits

Non-means-tested Benefits do not take into account your income and savings in the same way as means-tested Benefits do, but they do have their own rules, which must be met:

1. Contributory UK Benefits.

The benefits are there to support earnings, for example, when you lose your job or are unable to work because of illness or disability.

2. Statutory UK Benefits

Statutory benefits will replace earnings if you are off work due to maternity/adoption/paternity or sickness, these benefits are paid through your employer.

3. Non-contributory UK Benefits

Non-Contributory Benefits there to help with the extra costs of having a disability or caring for someone with a disability. There is no means test and no national insurance contribution conditions; you just have to fit the rules for who can claim.

Universal Credit And Available UK Benefits

Six of the big means-tested working-age UK Benefits have merged into universal which will be full operational by 2023.

Working Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit

Guarantee Pension Credit

Guarantee Pension Credit

Housing UK Benefit

Council Tax Support / Rate Relief

Child UK Benefit

Income Support

Jobseekers Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance

The UK Benefit Cap

If you are aged 16 to 64, there might be a limit on the total amount of Benefit income you can get.

This is called Benefit cap.

The maximum amount you can now get at Benefit income is:

£23,000 a year if you live in London
£20,000 a year if you live elsewhere in the UK.

Change in circumstances

My situation has changed since making my claim. Do I have to let anyone know?

It is very important to let the relevant Benefit office know when there has been a change in your circumstances, which could affect your Benefit entitlement. This is because your Benefits depend on the information you gave when you made your claim.

When you make a claim, you will be told which changes must be reported and how long you have to report the change.

Common changes include:

Stresses adult because of debt problems

Should your circumstances change, you may be entitled to more UK Benefit, less Benefit, or you may no longer be entitled to get the Benefit at all.

If you do not inform the relevant Benefits office you could be paid too much Benefit and have to pay it back, and this could count as fraud, which is a criminal offense.

You may get into trouble if you did not report a change in your circumstances, it is very important to get expert advice as soon as you can.

Separating from a Partner

If you have recently separated from a person with whom you used to live as partners, the Benefits you can get may have changed.

After separating from your partner, you may receive some Benefits or tax credits that you were not able to get when living with a partner, or you might get an increased or decreased amount of the same Benefits and Tax Credits.

Generally, any Benefits paid to you personally for your needs, for example, Disability Living Allowance, will continue to be paid once you have separated from a partner. However, you should tell everyone who pays you Benefits or Tax Credits that you have separated, so that they can check if it could affect your Benefit entitlement.

You might be receiving Benefits from Jobcentre Plus, HM Revenue and Customs and/or your local authority and should tell each office about your change.

If you do not let them know as soon as you can that, you are now a single person, you might be paid too much Benefit that you may have to pay back.

Rajnish Tyagi is an experienced and Cert DR qualified debt advisers. He works for Acme Credit Consultants Ltd, Who specialize in offering suitable debt solutions to clients and help improve their income from eligible UK Benefit income.

Call us on 0203 318 0990 to book a free and Confidential appointment

Frequently Asked Questions

To apply for a UK Benefit or tax credit, you will generally have to either fill out a form, on paper or online, or make a phone call. Each UK Benefit has its own claiming process.

Oftentimes, yes. For example, you will usually need your National Insurance & proof of your identity, your personal and family income and savings.

If you have to send your original statements / records, see to it you maintain duplicates as well as send them via recorded delivery to make certain they show up securely.

The time can vary depending upon the advantage.

The time can vary depending on the UK Benefit type. Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) agencies and Local Authorities have targets, but HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) does not.

You can help by completing the claim form thoroughly and providing evidence promptly.

There are many reasons that a case might be postponed. For example:

  • You might be not able to give a national insurance number quickly
  • There might be a mistake by you or the UK Benefit agency
  • Additional details or proof may be required to sustain your claim
  • There might be hold-up in refining claims at the advantage firm
  • There might be a trouble with the payment method

If you have actually offered all the details asked for to support your claim, as well as it has been longer than the established target time for processing cases, you may want to get in touch with the appropriate agency to find out why there is a hold-up.

  • Call Jobcentre Plus
  • Contact the Pensions Service
  • Call your local authority/council
  • Contact HM Revenue and Customs

Most UK Benefits are paid directly to your post office, bank or building society account but there are exceptions.

Council Tax Support will usually go straight to your Council Tax account and will be taken off your Council Tax liability on your bill.

Housing UK Benefit is sometimes paid to you, but it may be paid directly to your property owner in some circumstances, but housing association and local council normally would seek your permission to pay rent payment to you or your property owner directly

You can also nominate a person to receive the payment on your behalf if needed.

When you are paid will depend on the UK Benefit you have claimed. Some UK Benefits are paid weekly, some every four weeks or monthly.

Some are paid in advance and some in arrears.

If you are unhappy with a UK Benefit or tax credit decision, there are several steps you can take:

  • Get more information about the decision.
  • Get the decision looked at again.
  • Appeal against the decision.

Further information about challenging Benefit decisions.

You have the right to expect a reasonable standard of service for the people dealing with your Benefit claim.

Most offices that deal with Benefits, including your Local Authority, will have a charter or statement of standards of service that sets out what you can expect. You will be able to get this from their offices or website.

If you are not happy with the level of service you have received then you can make a complaint. You can complain whether or not you have made a claim for Benefit.